The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (SCDHHS) is issuing the following policy updates and clarifications for South Carolina Healthy Connections Medicaid dental providers effective for dates of service on and after Oct. 1, 2020.
Policy Clarification on ADA Claim Completion
Providers billing for services on an American Dental Association (ADA) claim form must accurately indicate the rendering or authorizing provider as well as the location where services were rendered. Policy clarification on claim completion instructions can be found in SCDHHS’ Dental Services Provider Manual, which is available on SCDHHS’ website.
Patient records must accurately indicate the performing and/or authorizing provider of services, including acceptable signatures. Updated policy on proper provider signatures in patient records can be found in SCDHHS’ Dental Services Provider Manual, which is available on SCDHHS’ website.
Additional updates made to the Dental Services Provider Manual can be found on the Change Control Record, which is also available on SCDHHS’ website.
If you have questions regarding this bulletin, please contact the DentaQuest Provider Call Center at (888) 307- 6553.
Thank you for your continued support of the South Carolina Healthy Connections Medicaid program.
- CCU to establish Intercultural Language Resource Center and offer new area studies programs
- FMU is recipient of two large gifts from Aiken Foundation
- Darlington, SC- Trinity Collegiate School receives $10,000 donation in recognition of re-identification to be more inclusive.
- COVID-19: THE SCIENCE BEHIND THE MASK
- SC DHEC Begins Providing K-12 Cases of COVID-19 by School and Announces Latest COVID-19 Update (September 1, 2020): 761 new confirmed cases and 37 additional confirmed deaths
- HopeHealth Welcomes Dr. Steven Tollison
- Looking Back at the Palmetto Drive-In Theater
- Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Announces $200 million from CDC to Jurisdictions for COVID-19 Vaccine Preparedness
- South Carolina Hospitals Earn More Zero Harm Awards Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- MUSC Health Florence Medical Center welcomes new physicians
- Buying Guide: Amazon shoppers love silver solution for immune system support
- Metals market sees massive sell-off
- MU soccer falls at South Carolina
- 3-and-whoa: Packers offense keeps rolling with 37-30 victory over Saints
- Packers notes: After having all day to prove they're ready, Davante Adams, Kenny Clark miss Saints matchup
- Steven M. Sipple: Eager to get NU into pads, Frost must proceed wisely; and Bo's awful debut
- Colts defense, Rivers come up big as Colts ground Jets 36-7
- Wilson throws 5 more TD passes, Seahawks beat Cowboys 38-31